Monday, January 31, 2011

No Amputations Required

On Monday evenings I attend a woman's bible group.  We are studying the book of Esther through a Beth Moore series.  The subtitle is called, It's Tough Being A Woman.  My goal is to come out of this study encouraged in the areas of my life I feel insecure.

Since I have been separated from my husband, I have felt at times insecure of what others might "think" of me.  I have questioned if a Godly man will eventually find a divorced 36 year old woman with two children appealing.  I question judgments of others, worry about the gossip, the looks, pray other women do not think I am after their men and most of all, I think about how this path is going to effect my future.

In tonight's lesson, I was amazed out how well the first two chapters of Esther related to me.  Beth gave a wonderful sermon about our past history and our future destiny.... 

"You cannot amputate your history from your destiny.  You are not going to become who God has made you without your history."

I know in my heart that God is up to something within me.  I am going to become the woman he created me to be!  But why all the insecurity?  Because I compare myself too much to others.  My past is part of my future.  Through this divorce, I am going to become complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10).

It's definitely tough being a woman, especially an insecure one.  But "the things we think we are not, are the very things he chooses" ~Beth Moore.




4 comments:

Name said...

Hi, I found you on bloggy moms and I'm excited to be a new follower :)

"You cannot amputate your history from your destiny. You are not going to become who God has made you without your history."

I loved that quote!
You are going to be the woman he created you to be, and that's very exciting!

Tabetha

http://www.amomsjoy.net

Moms Gone Godly said...

Thanks Tabetha! I loved the quote too! Beth Moore always says something that gets me REAL good :)

Christina

babyrndeb said...

I got remarried at 45 and had 3 children...in the first year my husband went from no kids to 3 (albeit they were a little older) and then a grandfather that first year too when my 25 year old son had a baby.
So don't worry - just concentrate on becoming the woman that God wants you to be. Concentrate on raising your children to be the man / woman God wants them to be.
You wil be fine - for you have a God that loves you dearly.
I always enjoy reading your blog to see what is happening with you.
Debbie

Moms Gone Godly said...

Thank you Debbie! I appreciate your encouragement and inspiration!! It's always good to hear someone elses experiences, especially when you can relate :)

Christna